Here is a quick update on MLS games this weekend that affect your Houston Dynamo.
Since the Houston Dynamo won't play until April 15th, much can (and will) change in the standings. Weekly, I'll give you a quick update on the games that mattered.
- DC United dominated our favorite I-45 rivals FC Dallas, 4-1. Dwayne De Rosario picked up two assists and Danny Cruz notched his first goal outside of orange. DC United may be in our conference, but anytime Dallas loses, Dynamo fans enjoy it.
- Columbus Crew beat the only pointless team, Toronto FC, 1-0 in an all Eastern Conference showdown.
- Philadelphia Union continued their struggle for points with a draw against Vancouver, 0-0.
- NY Red Bulls, led by a Thierry Henry hat trick, destroyed Montreal 5-2.
- In the upset of the week, New England defeated the defending champion LA Galaxy at Home Depot Center, 3-1.
- Colorado Rapids handed the Chicago Fire their first loss of the season, 2-0. Chicago is the Dynamo's next opponent.
- In the last game of the week, Sporting Kansas City escaped the Home Depot Center with a 1-0 win over Chivas USA. The game was fairly uneventful, however with this win, SKC has started out 4-0 and look to be the team to beat in MLS.
Save of the week - the goalpost versus ex-Dynamo Dwayne De Rosario
Follow me on Twitter @OrangeFanBlog